Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Icicle Progression

Icicle -- a pendent, tapering mass of ice
formed by the freezing of dripping water.

Icicle Progression

Dec. 22 Mon AM - below

Dec. 23 Tues. AM - 2 below

T

4 comments:

Unhinged said...

Howdy, TT.

I found you via
New Director for New Moon? Aaaand discuss.... blog post.

And your blog said to leave a comment, so here's mine. Those peppermint brownies look delish. Squash one through a USB port for me...

The icicles made my body's temp drop while reading. Brrr! I live in Los Angeles and it was 35 degrees this morning. Last Monday, it was 35 degrees AND raining and here in LA, they call that a winter storm. Since I'm from northern Indiana (which is under a sheet of ice right now), I laughed myself into a runny nose about that.

Supermassive Musings said...

Hi Tessa. Thank you for your comment on a wandering PhD's blog spot (I am anonymous #1). I agree that most of the comments left on Twilight sites have more to do with Pattinson's hair than the quality of either his or Meyer's work. This is the first time I have actually blogged, so I decided to become anonymous no more and subscribed to your blog so I could keep up with a Twilight fan who is neither vacuous or obsessed with Pattinson's hair. What are your thoughts on the casting of Jacob?

Supermassive Musings said...

Hi Tessa. Thank you for your comment on the Wandering PhD Film Student blog. I am Anonymous #1. I have never blogged before, but I was intrigued by the thought of communicating with someone who was more interested in the material than Rob Pattinson's hair. I decided to be anonymous no more and subcribed to your blog. I would love to know your thoughts on the recasting of Jacob. Have a Merry Christmas!

Unhinged said...

Hi, Tessa (again)!

Hi, SMM. I know you posed this question to Tessa (who's busy not celebrating Christmas or Kwanzaa, lol), but thought I'd share my thoughts on your question. You wrote:

What are your thoughts on the casting of Jacob?

Well, in your second comment, you changed it to recasting, so I'll cover both. I love Taylor Lautner's Jacob in Twilight. He's perfect--young-n-tender, fun, outgoing, cute. Very easy to like. The wig didn't bother me.

I'm not sure if The Powers That Be are going to recast him, but I'd be surprised if they didn't.

What I hope is that they bring Lautner back for the first part of New Moon (Jacob doesn't begin his transformation right away), and then bring in an older-looking actor. I just don't see Lautner as being able to carry off the idea of the bigger, older Jacob I pictured in New Moon. (My heart hurts for Lautner, though. I know he wants this part.)

If rumors are true and the actor TPTB appear to be considering is Michael Capon, I wouldn't be disappointed. I can easily envision Capon as an older Jacob.

Well, that's my two. Who's next?